Welcome to the Junior Woman's Club of Arlington
Our History NJSFWC and JWCA:
The GFWC Junior Woman’s Club of Arlington, Inc. (JWCA) was organized in 1927 and federated in 1928 as a sister club to the Woman’s Club of Arlington (AWC). The AWC was organized in 1894, federated in 1895, and incorporated in 1924 and was one of the founding members of the New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs (NJSFWC) of the GFWC in 1894. The AWC is an active member of the NJSFWC and the JWCA is an active member in the NJSFWC – Junior Membership (ages 18 to 40).
Both the JWCA and AWC also have active membership in the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC), which is the national parent organization, founded in 1890. The GFWC is one of the world’s oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational women’s volunteer service organizations.
The Mission Statement of the NJSFWC of GFWC is to provide opportunities for education, leadership training, and community service through participation in local clubs, enabling members to make a difference in the lives of others one project at a time.
The AWC, JWCA, and Evening Membership Department (EMD) of the AWC have supported the Kearny Public Library and Branch Library since members of the Woman’s Literary Club of Arlington (now AWC) started a free lending library in 1895 and assisted with fundraising for a town public library.